Colourpop Jelly Much Shadow Boo-Kay - photos and swatches










Colourpop Jelly Much Shadow - cream eyeshadow with soft mousse texture. Shade Boo-Kay is light lavender pink. 


I was very curious to try this Jelly Much eyeshadow from Colourpop. But it didn’t really work for me. The consistency is not like regular cream shadows. It can be patchy and difficult to layer. Even when it was new I couldn’t get an even application. Because one layer is not enough, and if add more, it starts to look thick and emphasize skin texture. Shade Boo-Kay looks beautiful on swatches but on eyes it’s pale and nothing special, there is no glow to it.


I read in review that this eyeshadow dries out quickly. Mine didn’t get dry too quickly, but after about a year, I noticed that it’s not soft anymore. I saw people recommending adding a little bit of water to revive it, so I tried this trick, and it worked! First 2 swatches are of dried out eyeshadow, third swatch is after adding water. It still performs like new and the lasting power is the same. So if you get this eyeshadow and worry about it getting dry, just try adding a little bit of water and it will be like new again. 


Nevertheless, I’m not impressed, and won’t be buying any more shades, but I’m still glad I tried it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

ILIA Multi-Stick Blush in the shade Whisper